Welcome to The Green House Preschool and Kindergarten… “a place for growing and learning.”
In 1979, “The Green House Preschool and Kindergarten” started, simply as a small white building with a green door. As children passed through that door, they were greeted by their teachers. Together they started a tradition of excellence in preschool education.
As years passed, “The Green House Preschool and Kindergarten” grew and continued to provide an atmosphere that was nurturing and loving. Its ﬁrst students thrived and grew into young, enthusiastic learners. Some, who have passed through these doors again as teachers. Now, decades later, we are proud to provide the same commitment to young learners and parents. As our reputation grew in Fort Lee as one of the few nationally accredited preschools in Bergen County, so has our school.
“You have chosen an early childhood program for your child that is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. NAEYC administers the largest and most widely recognized accreditation system for all types of early childhood schools and child care centers. NAEYC is the nation’s largest organization of early childhood educators.“ A high-quality early childhood program provides a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectually development of young children. In our program you will see and experience:
- positive relationships for all children and adults
- we implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development – cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social
- use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches
- provide ongoing assessments of child progress
- promote the nutrition and Health of children and staff
- employ and support qualiﬁed teaching staff
- establish and maintain collaborative relationships with families
- maintain relationships with and use resources of the community
- provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- implement strong program management policies that result in high quality service
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among teachers and children, planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development, such as reading stories, block-building, painting, dress-up, and active outdoor play, specially trained teachers and administrators, many varied age-appropriate materials, respect for cultural diversity, a healthy and safe environment for adults and children, regular, twoway communication with families who are welcome visitors at all times and effective administration.”
The Green House provides certiﬁed staff in each classroom (teachers, assistant teachers, and administration) and a curriculum that follows and maintains the ten areas of criteria as dictated by the NAEYC and the NJ Core Standards of Early Childhood Education. Young children’s social and emotional development is the foundation for their cognitive development.
” We are ﬁrm believers that children, need to feel safe, loved and valued as unique individuals, while they are actively engaged in acquiring new skills and knowledge. Early learning is enhanced by curiosity, creativity, independence, cooperativeness, and persistence”. At “The Green House Preschool and Kindergarten”, we enjoy a reputation that has honored us with thousands of families and families that have returned throughout the years. We are pleased that our clients, who have a choice in quality preschool education chose us and trusted us to care for their children.
||Yours in Education,
Miriam Carminio, Director/Owner
Assistant Director, Fort Lee School
Assistant Director, Ridgeﬁeld School
Our philosophy for the education of young children is one that takes into account the child’s individuality. Our goal is simple: to instill in each child a love for learning as well as for themselves. We provide a safe, loving and creative environment in which they can express themselves and learn through their experiences as we take part in developing the “whole child” – one who, in mind and body, ﬂourishes through positive experiences around him/herself as provided by a staff of trained and nurturing caretakers. Our faculty works hard to make sure that each child is able to grow socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually at their own pace.
The Green House Preschool and Kindergarten is committed to enriching the lives of young children while expanding their minds. Our mission is to support our students in early childhood education allowing them to reach their highest developmental, social and academic potential. By creating and maintaining an appropriate curriculum and environment, we give each of our students the opportunity to learn individually, with their peers, as well as through family involvement to enhance their education.